As we speak I wish to introduce to you one of the crucial successful free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer On-line Battle Arena), which is oriented in the direction of the famous Warcraft 3 - Map "Protection of the Ancients".
For many who by no means performed DotA (are there any?) and who do not know the game concept I'll clarify it intimately:
League of Legends does not put excessive requirements on your PCs. You need a minimum of:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.0 capable video card, - 750 MB free hard disk house, - DSL or similar
Create an account both on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, relying on where you live. You may as well create an account on US whereas dwelling in Europe however you'll experience higher pings then. I provide you with a link to create an account in my creator's bio. Choose a reputation (all the time the toughest part) and a pleasant image and off you go!
There are 2 teams 5 gamers (there are more game modes, however they don't seem to be important to start with because as a newbie you should begin with 5vs5 to be taught the gameplay). Before every match you all select a "champion" who's the character you wish to use in battle. Dependant in your personal preferendes it may be e.g. an undead mage, an enormous granite golem, a little boy using on a Yeti, a brave knight and lots of more.All in all there are greater than eighty (!) different champions and every second week one is added.
Every champions has four totally different skills (three regular and one additional robust, the "Ultimate") and a passive, which he has because the beginning. You study the abilities by leveling up ingame and your max champion degree is 18 which means that you have 5 factors in each regular skill and three in your ultimate.
You receive expertise for levelling up by:
1. Being near when enemy minions or impartial monsters are killed by your troops (it is not essential to kill them yourself!)
2. killing or helping to kill enemy champions
In the beginning you usually play no matter you want, later it's useful to speak along with your teammembers before the match begins so that you've got a balanced setup and never 5 champions of the identical kind.
The different sorts of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means capability energy, they primarily deal magical harm with their skills)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Damage, they mainly deal physical injury with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They are hard to kill and protect their own carries, for instance by beautiful or taunting the enemies)
4. Helps (They've either buffs or heals to help their carries and preserve them alive)
5. Junglers (They do not start in the lane however within the jungle and support their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The interesting point is: Relying on the objects you equip on your champions they are often able to meet completely different roles!
At first you don't have own champions, however each week there are 10 free ones which everybody can use. After some matches you should purchase extra champions with influence points (IP) within the shop. I'll come to this later.
The map has 3 different lanes, which lead from your own to the enemy base. On these lanes there are a number of Towers which you must destroy before you may assault the bottom itself. As a assist your foremost constructing ("Nexus") spawns minion waves in brief intervals which help you in fights. Between the lanes there is the "jungle", where impartial monsters are located. In case you kill those you receive gold and/or non permanent buffs.
As soon because the match begins everybody has about a minute to spend his beginning capital on items in the shop.
This does not take long since you do not have much gold in the beginning. There are other ways to earn gold in the game:
1. Everyone receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or neutral monsters (here it is important to give them the ultimate blow, the so known as "lasthitting")
3. Killing or aiding to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are several items which grant you additional income (the so referred to as gold/5 items -> they offer you 1 gold every 5 seconds)
When you destroy the enemy main building (Nexus) your group wins. For being able to assault the Nexus, nonetheless, it's important to destroy all 3 towers and the inhibitor on at the very least one lane and the 2 towers which shield the Nexus. So it's not one of the best concept to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 should you don't push the lanes at the similar time. An average match takes 30-forty five minutes, not often greater than an hour. As soon because the match reaches minute 20 it is usually potential to surrender.
Extra game modes are a 3vs3 and a fairly new domination map ("Dominion") the place you must capture and defend certain points. As well as there are ranked modes for players with summoner level 30 (explanation follows) by which you obtain an Elo rely depending in your wins and losses. For freshmen I highly suggest the traditional 5vs5 map!
The summonersleague of legends shirt
of Legends additionally has an RPG part. You don't solely select a reputation and an image for yourself (you're a so called "summoner", do not mix it up with the "champions") however you're also able to level up your self and buy small buffs with Influence Points (IP).